Emergency Power Control Relay
In the past, emergency lights were kept on 24 hours a day to meet life safety codes. Now, you can use a UL924 listed Emergency Power Control, Model ELCR 6A, to convert regular light fixtures into approved emergency lights. The ELCR saves energy and money while ensuring compliance with both life safety and energy codes. During normal operation, the same room switch, occupancy sensor, relay panel, or lighting control switches regular and emergency fixtures on and off simultaneously. During a utility power interruption, the ELCR automatically bypasses the regular lighting controls, turning the emergency lights ON, regardless of switch position. The ELCR 6A is ceiling or wall mounted in a junction box with a single gang plaster ring and is usually located in the area where the emergency fixtures are installed.Ask a Question
Features & Specifications
• Slim, attractive flush mount profile allows easy access to manual test switch and LEDs.
• Utility & Emergency Power Indicator LEDs.
• Unique, Patented Automatic Diagnostic Feature: When the room switch is turned off, the ELCR will run a 2.5 second self-test routine, verifying that the emergency power source was available and that the ELCR, ballast, and lamp(s) are all functioning correctly. This feature eliminates the need for time-consuming and costly manual monthly testing and is approved for this purpose. This also allows the unit to be installed in remote or inaccessible locations, because the unit does not rely on access to its manual test switch.
• Fire Alarm, Remote Test & 0-10V Dimming Option (See spec for ELCR 6A-010D).
Life Safety FeaturesEmergency Lighting Control Relay
Photometrics & Applications
- Grocery/Drug Store
- Industrial Manufacturing / Warehousing
- Parking Garage
- Quick Serve Restaurants
- Tennis & Sports Venues